Hydrographic surveys are carried out using a range of current meters (ADCP, Aquadopp, AWAC). In addition to providing data on current speed and direction we are also able to measure wave height and direction. We have a fully supported hydrographic service including:
- deployment and retrieval (including vessel if required)
- data analysis
We can also carry out analysis and reporting on existing hydrographic data.
Benthic surveys are tailored to suit all conditions of the licence to discharge for aquaculture, and can be designed to meet the specifications of a wide range of individual projects. In addition to our experienced staff, the available equipment and services we provide include:
- sampling vessel "Moder dy"
- 0.02m2 offset day grab, craib corer and spyball camera
- Sediment analysis including redox and particle size analysis
- Analysis for organic carbon, chemical therapeutant residues (suppied through Analytical Services)
- Intertidal surveys